A conscious, compassionate, and informed commitment to your care.
Vanessa’s path to Pilates began over 12 years ago after suffering injuries in a motor vehicle accident. Two cervical herniations and years of physical therapy led her to discover her love for Pilates and its ability to heal, maintain, and transform the body through breath and movement. Her experience as a patient is what drives her passion for assisting clients with their fitness, injury prevention, and rehabilitation goals.
Vanessa’s training in both classical and contemporary Pilates enables her to apply modern techniques while still incorporating the fundamental principles of the classical Pilates repertoire. While she often emphasizes rehabilitation and injury prevention, she is also extensively trained in the treatment of special conditions, including: osteoporosis, neurological conditions, pre- and post-natal conditions (diastasis recti), gait analysis, and techniques for evaluating pathologies and their anatomical relationships.
More about Vanessa…
A California native, Vanessa graduated with honors and received a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a concentration in pre-medical studies. She has been actively engaged in the movement community and is continually expanding her knowledge of the body and the fascial system. Vanessa has worked alongside industry leaders in myofascial anatomy through her participation in Anatomy Trains’ dissection course with master dissectors Todd Garcia and Tom Myers. Her background in the health sciences and commitment to teaching continues to motivate her in her pursuit to become a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- 600+ hours of Pilates mat and apparatus training
- Anatomy Trains courses in Fascial Dissection, Movement Professionals, and Myofascial Continuities
- Functional Anatomy for Movement & Injuries (FAMI levels 1 and 2) through the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- National Training Center Human Anatomy Dissection Course
- American Red Cross certified in adult and pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED
- Continuing education through the Pilates Method Alliance